Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Retro Day at the Beach

With summer just around the corner, and the weather getting warmer, I'm ready to go to the beach! My inspiration for this post... Barbies. When I was younger, my Mom's friend bought me a book filled with pictures about collectible vintage Barbies. I think it was ever since I got that book, I have treasured the beauty of "vintage." What I love most about the fashion of the late 1950s and early 1960s is the sexiness of modesty. Wearing a swim suit to the beach was so much more of a fashion statement, now it is a competition of who can show the most skin.  For those of you that make going to the beach not only about relaxation, but also fashion.... I commend you. To achieve this retro, day at the beach look, you will need the following: cat eye sunglasses, red lipstick (preferrably Chanel #75), a body hugging one piece swim suit with a sweet heart neckline, and if your feeling extra spontaneous add a floppy hat to protect harmful rays from your ageless skin. 

 



 



 



With love,
Marcy




Images via ModCloth, Anthropologie

No comments:

Post a Comment