Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Falling in Love Paris

It's been a long day. Melissa and I got lost trying to find the college today. All was well until we stepped off the metro. Finally, after two hours a French woman helped us find our way by literally walking a mile to show us where the building was. Lost in Paris... why am I not surprised this happen to us? Once we arrived to the college, we found out that orientation is at another building. You can probably imagine Melissa and I were very pleased to here this. After some more stress and a few metro stops later, we arrived at the correct building. We were greeted by coffee eclairs, chocolate eclairs, apple tarts, and ham and cheese on french bread... my mood was suddenly lifted. Later that afternoon we took a bus tour of the city and saw a lot of the main tourist attractions. I am slowly falling in love with Paris. It's amazing how a city can be so beautiful just because of it's intricate detail. Whether it be pebble stone streets, archways, or a window there is always some kind of fascinating detail that appears with it as well. This evening Melissa and I checked out another market behind our apartment and picked up some croissants from the bakery down the street. I still can not fully grasp I am in Paris... oh, did I mention I am living here too?


From Paris with love,
Marcy

3 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! I miss Paris very much. Any person who visits Paris and does not fall in love with the city must be dead. I like the guy in the first photo, his bald spot, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i totally forgot that my Google/blog name was MsPepper bahahaha, this is Amanda (seebaugh)briscoe I made that name up like 4 years ago

    ReplyDelete