Monday, August 16, 2010

Nostalgia


This past weekend was my last weekend in West Virginia before I leave for Paris. Breann and I headed out of D.C. Friday night to visit family in Weston. My Granny was having a yard sale and selling what some people call junk, but I call treasure. I found some retro earrings and even a teapot, which who knows if I'll ever use it... oh well. I decided I wanted to do a blog about antique inspiration. Anyone that knows me, knows I love retro and I love vintage. On Saturday I went on a photo expo with Breann, Kristen, and Bryce through my great grandmothers house across from Granny's. The house is old, somewhat creepy, but absolutely gorgeous. Walking through it made me feel nostalgic. When I was younger, Breann and I would play CSI with all the cousins and great grandmother's house somehow was always where all the "murders" happened. I snapped some photos of the inside of the house, as well as some around my grandparents house. Weston, West Virginia was my vacation as a child and still is, it's the definition of what makes West Virginia beautiful.







2 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! And retro things rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures! someone should really salvage that old stuff before it gets ruined :/

    ReplyDelete