Sunday, August 29, 2010

Flea Market

Today Melissa and I journeyed to one of the biggest flea markets in Paris. The flea market had tables upon tables of jewelry, clothing, and souvenirs, basically anything and everything.Once past the sketchy vendors, Melissa and I found a gorgeous antique section. The antiques consisted of everything from furniture to records to vintage couture and jewelry. If I had 1,000 more euros in my bank account maybe I would have bought some Chanel earrings, they were only eight hundred dollars. Mom... Dad... where are you? :) I did find a cool snake wrap around watch. Breann and Lana will make fun of me for saying this, but it is a great "staple piece." :)I couldn't believe how expensive the records were. I'm pretty sure some of The Beatles albums I picked up were well worth their high price...sorry Breann.We also had our first bad experience dining, this could have been due to the fact we were clearly American and clearly not fluent in French. For example, never again will I order mineral water thinking I am ordering regualr water... that was some nasty water. Probably after twenty minutes we gave up on our server taking our card, and left euros. Au revoir to that cafe, we won't be seeing you in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment