Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mercredi 6 octobre deux mille dix

I'm getting so lazy about updating my blog... it's because I currently have a visual journal for Photography with journal entries and sketches, and a another journal with mostly writing and postcards. Needless to say, it's a lot of journaling to keep up with. I'll give a brief overview of some of the things I have done in the last two weeks that I have really enjoyed. :)

Vintage Expo
While getting lost trying to find Musee Picasso, Melissa and I found a Vintage Expo! We have never been so happy to be lost. The entrance to the giant warehouse building was like the golden gate to heaven, well for any fashion majors at least. The expo had everything, records, furniture, clothes, vintage designer clothing, and an endless assortment of jewelry, handbags, and shoes. I finally found an Edith Piaf record for only ten euros, I was so psyched. 








Granville/Musee Christian Dior
Outside of Paris, Granville has been my favorite place to visit. Granville is a quaint little fishermen town populated by mostly locals and sits along the coast. I have never seen ocean water so beautiful. Christian Dior's pink home and garden sat on top of a hill overlooking the turquoise ocean. The landscaping was perfect and in incredible condition...Granny and Papaw would be proud. The inside of the house is a small museum that features all of Christian Dior's work. The exposition featured at the time was of all haute couture.  

Claude Monet Exhibit
The day I visisted the Monet exhibit I felt like a true study abroad student. As I walked through the exhibit I was in complete awe. I regret to say this is the first art museum I have been to in Paris, and I have to change this soon. While I was walking through all the crowded rooms looking at the paintings, it was astonishing to me to think that all of these paintings were real places. I tried to create a mental image in my head of these "real" places... we really do live in a beautiful. It's crazy to think we will live in this world our whole life and never even seen half of the beauty it has to offer.

Versailles
Highlight of the whole trip...seeing Marie Antoinette's chamber. If your reading this Jordan... I thought of you. :)






From Paris with love,
Marcy


No comments:

Post a Comment